DIY Rainbow Slime
What kid doesn’t love playing with slime? Heres a simple recipe to make your own and fill those rainy days – or the days that are just too hot to go outside.
There is a few different recipes and methods around, we have used the CSIRO method. Found HERE. For rainbow slime, you will need extra bowls to mix up the individual colours.
You will need
· PVA glue
· Food colouring
· Borax (from supermarkets)
· 2 plastic cups
· Sealable plastic bag
· Pop stick
· 2 plastic spoons
What to do
1. Measure 3 teaspoons of PVA glue into a plastic cup.
2. Add 3 teaspoons of water and stir.
3. Add a couple of drops of the food colouring of your choice.
4. Place just less than 1 cup of water into the other plastic cup.
5. Stir in 1 heaped teaspoon of borax powder. Once the mixture has been stirred thoroughly you have made a borax solution.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of borax solution to your jar of paste and stir. As you stir the slime should start to form. You might need to add a little more borax solution. Be careful when you are adding the borax solution, too much and your slime will go hard – so only add a few more drops at a time as once you’ve put in too much, there is no turning back and you have to start again.
7. If your slime feels very wet and slippery (but is not still runny), remove it from the container and kneed it in your hands. In a few minutes, any extra borax solution will evaporate or be absorbed.
8. Place the slime into a sealable plastic bag and it should keep for a while.
If you get slime onto fabric or carpet it can be removed with a little vinegar followed by warm soapy water. Make sure you wash your hands before and after playing with the slime. This activity uses borax which is harmful when swallowed.